Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I'm glad that is over!

Hi Folks,

I'm glad the colonoscopy is over! The prep sucks, with or without a colostomy bag. LOL I didn't see doc after the procedure, but he spoke to my mom and told her he removed one small polyp and wants to see me in three weeks. Part of the reason I went to the gastroenterologist is that while I was in the hospital after the reversal surgery I had a student nurse for a day. She was very attentive, and at one point she came in and started lecturing me on the diverticulitis diet. I said whoa, the colostomy was the result of the circulation of the bowel being impinged due to a large benign, ovarian mass, not diverticulitis. And the student nurse said well there are diverticula mentioned in the surgery report from the initial surgery. OK. Turns out the section of bowel that was removed had a couple of diverticula. So I had some questions about that and are there certain foods I should be avoiding, and what about the irritable bowel diagnosis from before the tumor, was it probably from the tumor, etc., and some other annoying little things, and given that I don't need to go back for three weeks, it would seem everything is kosher. The nurse told me they found no diverticulitis, so whew. Nice.

I swear, some day I will do a post and it will not mention bowels! LOL

Kay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment