Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday

I took Dad to the Thursday night concert at the courthouse this week, he loved it, and then last night I had John drop us down on Liberty Street and I wheeled Dad right down Liberty Street for Cruise Night! I never could have gotten him down there before! His dementia has set him free, letting him leave the house at night! LOL John was home for his birthday celebration, 46 years old! Wow. LOL Dad likes the wheelchair rides, except for he misses Mom. He always wants to get home to talk to her and see her.

Dad worried about church all week, and Mom took him this a.m., he is much more steady on his legs now. But he can't remember that he went and the endless worrying about his donation envelope has started again. He wants to go home. He says home is the farm over by Verona. Yesterday he asked us when we were going back to the United States. Then he wanted us to drop him off in Coal City, because he has family there. I think his time frame is back when he was in the service, but there is no way to know for sure. The main thing is he wants to get his business done here, and get home! It hasn't been all doom and gloom, don't get me wrong. We had some good laughs and family time yesterday, such as it is now. He is still saying he is new to things, and he'll get on to them. Things like living in town, and going to church.

I'm either bustling around, obsessing over some useless cleaning chore or fussing over some minute detail for dad's comfort, driving the rest of the family crazy, or on the verge of tears. I'm new to this, but I'll get on to it. As soon as I get back into the good old U.S.A.

Kay :)


No comments:

Post a Comment