Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Independence Day

Hi Folk,

Catching up . . .

Glamping was fun, it went fast. We had a speciable time. I think Runt stared defiantly at the Amish (shhh I won't tell Nancee!---old, old stuff blog readers, you'll probably never get it!). It's amazing how fast a pontoon boat can get away from a 50 year-old out of shape glamper in rough water. And gosh, said glamper can sure put away the beer! And make yummy homemade Bailey's (Irish? probably not) Cream. And how funny that the nice clerk at the Casey's store on the way down to glamping, who kindly took our picture last year, was lucky enough to be on shift again this year! What a nice lady.


My Finn is doing well in the tail area, but I think his head is a little wacky. He wouldn't come near me, was afraid to come home, was acting very oddly. John suggested post traumatic stress disorder from the amputation. Ha ha. I finally caught him one day, and he was skittish as hell, and I noticed he had like a bald spot on his head by his ear, some sort of abrasion. I don't know what happened, but I think whatever it was caused some discombobulation. He is seemingly back to normal now, he is no longer terrified of me, which is good, because I have to haul him to the vet Saturday for shots, more trauma. Midge is her weird old self, staying outside for hours in the unbearable heat. She gets riled when I bring her in, but I do it anyway. She stays a minute and boom, is gone.

My Dad went to hospital last night. He was confused and wobbly and his speech was garbled. He scared me. He is still in hospital today. Doesn't look like they can find anything they can fix, he is just old. I pray for patience and grace in dealing with him and that I will not be a big crybaby wuss. Sad and scared. I know what happens, it has happened to too many of my friends already.

Heading to hospital now. Happy 4th of July.

Kay






No comments:

Post a Comment