Sunday, March 9, 2014

Happy Anniversay Mom and Dad!

March 9, 2014. Mom and Dad's 55th Anniversary. I wanted to post a wedding pic so I went into the family photo albums . . .







Oh wait, we don't have any photo albums! We have a box of pictures and newspaper clippings and stuff crammed into the bottom drawer of a file cabinet. I am my mother's daughter, my stuff is the same way! LOL All these fancy stickers and photo albums with captions and fancy shmancy scissor edges things people do these days. I think they are nucked man. Get a shoebox!

John was in charge of dessert. He brought a delicious scratch yellow cake with coconut icing and some blondies with oatmeal, dates and walnuts, all mom's faves, as well as a loaf of cinnamon-walnut -raisin bread for mom to bake off. I made a lasagna and some kick ass garlic bread.







Some more old pics . . .

John. I know it looks like he is wearing a cap in the ring-bearer photo, but it is just his hair! It was blonde on the bottom and black on top! Freaky man! I was on the shit list during the time of the ring bearer photo, because John and I were roughhousing outside and his collarbone got busted and HE HAD TO BE RINGBEARER IN DENNY AND HOLLY'S WEDDING! He managed just fine. LOL And the wedding was on my birthday, June 11th. I remember that.

John with two of my faves, Rusty, my super-duper pooper, and Big Al, THE LOUDEST CAT IN THE WORLD.  When Al went, the gray spot on his head had totally faded into white. He was a great cat, albeit a wee bit loud! LOL

We always had cats. Older bro Joe and me with Samantha, mom's special kitty on the farm.

Mom.

Farm where I grew up. You can see the house, the wash house, the tool shed and the barn. Joe and I were playing in the old blue Pontiac and I put it in drive and we kind rolled into the field from the driveway there by the house.
The happy couple. Dad asked what month it was, and mom replied it was March, March the 9th, their anniversary. Dad asked me how long they had been married and I replied, using hand gestures lol, "Five five." And Dad said "Ok, ten years." LOL 

That got Dad thinking about how old he was, and he likes to think out loud, and I asked him how old I was. He said he didn't know, and I said oh just guess. He said, "Well, It's Me, Jim, Monica, Eddy, Pat, then Norene . . . if I had paper I could figure it all up!" LOL

It was a fun day. Dad got all caught on the Coal City news from John! LOL

Another bizarro thing I found today . . .



 my differential aptitude test scores. How old was I when I took these? I don't know.

97 Numerical Ability
95 Spelling
95 Language Usage
85 Verbal Reasoning
65 in Space Relations and Mechanical Reasoning
50 in Abstract Reasoning

Fifty! What the hell. John said, "Well clearly you can talk. You just don't know what you are talking about!"

I'll spare sharing the photo where John inquired if Leif Garret knew I had stolen his hair . . . sigh.

Kay :)


No comments:

Post a Comment