Sunday, March 30, 2014

Spring is in the Air

LOL A new one from Bernie, sort of . . .

Bernie: "I'm not milking in the morning! I can't milk!", said ruefully, while making a gesture of look at me, I'm old! Then he said, "But I can feed the pigs!"

Saw a sign on our ride, "Wanted - Seasonal Landscaping Employees".  Bernie: "I don't think I'm going to work this summer."

Took the fam for a ride over to John's place today. Temps were pushing 60. Much nicer for the smokers than winter temps. John made a spectacular meal, cod, asparagus, cauliflower, all tossed and topped with a cheesy, delicious panko topping. It was spectacular. And homemade focaccia bread. And cake, spice cake, with carrots and pineapple and coconut and stuff. I declare it the BEST MEAL EVER AT JOHN'S HOUSE. That is high praise people. All the chow over there is great! I forgot to take a picture of my plate. Bernie kept saying, "I'm sure glad I don't have to drive!" and we all would say at the same time, "ME TOO!" lol

The Bernardo.

Mom: "I never take a good picture. I said well, don't worry, it's got to be better than the last one of you I put on my blog!"


The veggies were done first and we kept snitching and snitching lol.

A good time was had by all except for maybe wee Isis, who was very scairt. She finally came out and played a little, but she hid in her little house. Hera was quite engaging, as usual.




Saturday I went shopping in Kankakee with Donna, had lunch, made haluski for supper, washed one window (moderation people, moderation!), hung up some Spring-y sun catchers, chauffeured the fam to church; Sunday I went to John's house. Now the weekend is over already! What the heck.

Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment