Monday, March 26, 2012

Hi Folks,


Doing well. After the first surgery when the mass was removed everyone kept asking me if I was feeling better. Actually people told me I must feel a lot better.  I would reply that I guessed so, but that I didn’t feel that bad before. Well, I take that back. I have so much more energy now, and more get-up-and-go. I remember last summer, kind of having to make myself get up and do things, like yard work, and walking. I was not always successful in talking myself into doing those things. I hardly walked at all last summer. Now boom, I’m up and at ‘em when the thought pops into my head! I guess the weight loss resulting from the surgery could have a lot to do with that, but I think that I had gotten used to the way I was feeling, and that way of feeling became my “normal”, which I can now see was decidedly “abnormal”. Only those near and dear to me can decipher my ramblings. Good luck everybody else! So now if anyone asks me, I can most assuredly say yes, I do feel better! LOL And I know I mention it over and over, but being bagless is a joy. Not to go into too much detail, but sometimes I have to give being bagless a big WOOOOHOOOOO (YES, THAT WOULD BE IN THE BATHROOM, SOMETIMES IN THE SHOWER, SOMETIMES ON THE TOWPATH, SOMETIMES IN THE OFFICE, SOMETIMES ON MY MORNING WALKS IN THE DARK ON LIBERTY STREET, PRETTY MUCH ANYWHERE!). So if you see me kind of throwing my arms up over my head in a celebratory gesture, and looking happy, don’t call the authorities or think I’m nuts. I’m probably just giving my bagless state a big old WOOOOOHOOOOO. Try it. It’s fun. And it doesn’t have to be the bagless thing. You got to make your own kind of music peeps.


I’m sure the spring-like weather has helped my energy level too. It is certainly noticeable to me, without that huge mass in my abdomen, that the ground is much closer! John helped me this weekend with work on my newish perennial bed (thanks John!), with toting and weed-matting and mulching and such. It looks great. I have some more work to do, but heck, it’s only March! I got time. I was sore after yard work, but a good sore, not in the incision area, but in the ass area. Yikes my hamstrings were whistling Dixie after planting some seeds,trimming the fence, and spraying weed/grass killer, and other miscellaneous putterings. 


Zinnias, lettuce and radishes are up. I never thought I’d be watering things in March! 


My family has noticed my increased energy and mobility as well, so I’m not sure how much longer I can play the “recuperation card”. The party may be over. 


I have an appointment for my sore shoulder next week. It’s messing with my sleep, and I can’t have that! Doc was on vacation when I called to schedule and I was hoping it would be that the very act of scheduling the appointment would make it feel better! No luck so far. LOL


I’ve been doing well walking, not so good on the Weight Watcher’s Points. Honestly, I’d be happy right now just holding steady and increasing my physical activity. Losing weight is hard on your body, and my body has been through a lot. I’m going to focus on the walking so I can enjoy some lovely hikes and waterfalls on vacation coming up in May, and eating plenty of fruits and veggies, and cutting back on the junk. I’m a junk food junkie!  If I lose a few pounds before vacation, great, if not, that’s OK too. Gaining is NOT OK! LOL


I didn’t find any money on my walks this week either! But I’m ever hopeful. 


Kay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment