Saturday, March 10, 2012

My first full week back at work kicked my ass. Just like last time. I saved a lot of time this week not having to make my bed, because three nights I fell asleep right on top of the quilt, one night with my shoes on! I'm feeling OK, just dragging ass, very easily fatigued, and sore around the middle, especially around that stoma incision. I'm sure things will improve rapidly now that I have whined out loud. I took a break from my  morning walks last three days because I was so fatigued later on in the day. I think it helped. Plus I didn't find any money this week! Grrrrr! I was kind of awake last night, til 9:00, very late for me lately! I'm going to start the walks up again tomorrow, just shorten them up a bit on workdays til I pep up a bit. I tried work with binder on, binder off, neither felt very good this week.

My Points sucked this week. When I'm tired I eat. A lot. And junk too, darn it.

My folks had their 53rd anniversary yesterday, and today we took a ride to John's for dinner. He went through his basket of recipes he had clipped and saved, and found some from the food section of the Tribune. The appetizer was Spinach Pie. Wow! We demolished that. Next was Swai (I had to look that up lol), with a broiled buttery, lemony, panko, parmeson topping. He made a lemony, capery tartar sauce to go with it. It was spectacular. He served it with a lovely green salad with homemade dressing and some homemade Sweet Potato Dinner Rolls. Wow! They were gorgeous and delicious. Just a dough you stir together, no kneading or anything. I can do that . . . I think! We are definitely having those again, probably for Easter. Dessert was cheesecake bars, and he whipped up some sweet potato pie, no recipe,with the leftover phyllo dough from the spinach pie and the sweet potatoes from the rolls. Everything was spectacular.

I counted this Sweet Tater Dinner Roll as a vegetable when I did my points. Haha. Just kidding. Like I am doing my points today! lolol



John snores in this recliner all the time too! Dad is alive, I swear! But his name, after all, is Bernie! Does anyone get my jokes? Or should I just stop.

Mom and John and Dad, post-feast. The folks also got their first look at the wonderful paint job by Mark Riley of Riley Painting, aka Donna's hubby, aka Mar's twin. It looks great. I do not miss that builder white paint!
Mom and Dad, 53 years married. On their anniversary in 2000 I had my hysterectomy and was in the hospital. What a weird thing to remember, and even a weirder thing to type here.
Going hiking in May, down by Chattanooga. One of the hikes has 1200 steps if you want to see all the waterfall action. Cloudland Canyon State Park in Georgia. Check it out. Since I'll be celebrating my 50th birthday, John figured that would be 24 steps for each year! LOL  That is a lot of years, and a lot of steps! LOL

Kay :) the Weirdo

No comments:

Post a Comment