Saturday, March 3, 2012

I think I got back in my walking routine this week. When I see something lovely in nature on my walks I consider it a reward for my labors, but this is even better . . .

That's right. Cold (and brrrr on a couple of those walks!), hard cash! I'm not sure I like it better than a cardinal, but a nice diversion nonetheless. I didn't find it all at once either, three separate walks. If anyone really wants to encourage my recuperation and weight loss and fitness efforts, I'd be glad to share my a.m. walking route, if you want to drop a $20 bill or something. Just let me know.

Half-days at work went well. It's surprising how sore you can get getting used to sitting upright again, when you have been reclining a lot for months! LOL  I continue to wear my binder. There is a big old lump of healing going on where the stoma was. I'll get used to it. It feels kind of heavy and pulling sometimes, which is not helped by my own anatomic proportions. :) Back to full-time next week. Tuesday will be 6 weeks since the reconnect.

Lost 5 pounds on weight watchers this week. More important still, I stopped the creeping upward that was happening. Tsk tsk. Being back at work will help too. I mean yeah, I get bored there too, but the only food there is what I bring in, so if I behave myself, all is well. And it doesn't hurt when I walk to work and have no cash either! LOL Makes my healthy food much more appealing when it is the only choice.

Enjoying relaxing and puzzling at John's this blustery Saturday. It's weird being here and NOT playing ping pong. LOL  I haven't played for so long I'll be rusty as all get out! I've only played once minus my tumor (and bigger belly), and it was hilarious! Still had the bag, was being very careful, and my stroke was totally off because the new smaller me was still standing way back from the table to accommodate the former belly, which wasn't even there! It was pretty funny. I thought I'd wait a bit more before beating John at ping pong (haha). Maybe next visit. When you get sore from sitting, maybe you should hold up on the ping pong.

Have a pork roast all mexicanized and in the crock pot, and that smells good too. Will use it for some healthy meals next week. Still can't get enough beans and rice and I am craving jalapeno peppers. I have not indulged that craving yet! LOL

Have a nice weekend all.




No comments:

Post a Comment