Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Patient, The Garden, and the Potato

Finn is doing very well. He has learned to relax, play . . .

and even help with the laundry! He has shown me he can make it to the top of the fence pretty easily, and I'm pretty sure the little chit will get out whenever he damn well feels like it, despite my Finn-ifying of the cat fence. He is so good-natured, love him to death. He doesn't even squawk when I have to put his collar back on after giving him a break from it, though he did look somewhat alarmed last night when I put it back on him . . . BACKWARD!  LOL  LOL. It was really hard to get off! He was sweet about it though. He knows what a ditz I am by now.

Gotta love square foot gardening, there are 16 tomato plants in this 4 x 4 bed, plus I must have missed some taters last year, there are some coming up in this bed, and John gave me a Jerusalem artichoke and a horseradish bulb(?) thing that I stuck in here (and forgot about) and both of those are coming too, along with tons of morning glories. I think of this bed, with its hodgepodge of tomato cages and things, as a feline obstacle course for Midge. She loves it! LOL

The perennials John planted just last month have bloomed already.

Midge's zinnia bed is a sunflower bed this year. I put a bazillion zinnia seeds in there and I think only 2 of them are coming along. She let me put some onions in there too.

Midge was industriously digging in garden bed, and when I went to water, look what I found!  At first I thought it was a wayward radish, but no . . . a tater!

I fried it up for breakfast, and had it with eggs scrambled with red pepper (yummers), and sprinkled it with Vulcan Fire Salt from the Spice House in Chicago. With toast and ketchup, wow it was tasty. Thanks Midget Widget Bidget Fidget!

Over and out!

Kay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment