Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Recuperation in Action (but not Kay this time!)

Gosh I have a strange feeling of deja vu doing this post . . . where is the red robe? Doesn't everybody wear a red robe when recuperating?

Anyway, Finn was very nervous about going outside with his collar on. I tried to carry him for walks around yard but he'd get nervous at the least little sound and bust loose and run back in. I should say that I fortified (Finn-ified?) the cat fence-in system, at least I have my fingers crossed. I want him in the yard. Preferably forever, but at least til his stitches are out! Today he settled down enough to sit on the patio in a rocking chair (not THE rocking chair!). He seemed to enjoy it. Then when it was time to come in, I decided to take him out in yard for one more walk round. Well, he got down and laid in grass for a while, and was chilling, until he saw Murphy, the neighbor's dog. then the hair that was left on his poor shortened tail stood straight up, and he attacked Murphy through the fence, just like he always does. Murphy seems highly amused when this happens, Finn is deadly serious. I was afraid he was overdoing it, and went to shoo him in, and I should know better than that by now, and lordy did I get a nice scratch.  They must have trimmed his nails when he was under, because I remember his claws being a lot longer. LOL  He's doing very well, a sweet boy. I took collar off him for a bit tonight because he had an area that needed some attention and he didn't want me messing with it, though he enjoyed me washing his face and eyes lol. He got tidied up and ate and drank and purred a lot. He didn't fuss at all when I put the collar back on, which surprised me. A week from tomorrow he gets his stitches out.

My Achilles is feeling better from the support the foot doctor made me to put in my shoe. Wanted to start walking again this week, but I've been busy fussing over the patient.

Bedtime!

Kay :)


No comments:

Post a Comment