Friday, June 22, 2012

Finn Gets High

Finn is doing well. So well that he decided in one of his cat fence escape jaunts, to hop right on to the neighbor's shed. Midge was on the ground crying piteously, seemingly jealous as hell. Thankfully the nice neighbors behind me were highly amused by Finn's antics. He has seemed a bit dejected lately. I'm pretty sure it's because he doesn't like his new nickname . . . "Possum Tail". Grrrrr thanks Mom. He is also out and about at night again, and he has a nasty sore on his head by his ear I'm watching. His first major ding. Well from another cat at least.

I think Midge is cursing the cat fence here. She can't get over it, whereas Finn goes over whenever he damn well pleases.
John made a wonderful meal for Father's Day last weekend, grilled steak, foil packets of multi-colored peppers, onions, a zucchini from his garden, mushrooms, grilled portabellas, a garden salad and homemade bread. It was delicious. And high time he assembled the grill the folks got him for his birthday last year. He saved a bit of the bread dough and tried a  grilled pizza topped with some of the grilled veggies. Wow! It was spectacular. Looking forward to having that again. I made Death by Chocolate, a layered trifle recipe a Word Racer friend shared with me a while back (thanks Sweetie Pie), and she was right. You do not want to make that and keep it in your fridge, you need to take it someplace and leave it off! At least you should if you are a chocolate fan of my caliber.

It's glamping weekend. Can't wait to spend some time with my old friends. I was thinking about how long I have known them, and gosh, we met in the early to mid 70s. LOL  They are pretty old. The glamping meeting the other night was a cover for a birthday party for me, and it was lovely. Lots of laughs, some delicious pulled pork, one of Mar's delicious strawberry whipped cream cakes (yummers!), and I was gifted with a beautifully hand decorated bottle of Malibu Rum for when I am in the mood for a frou frou drink instead of my usual beer. LOL  A good time was had by all, especially the birthday girl (old bat). Of course we did discuss glamping, mostly food lol. We are going to rent a pontoon boat and the weather looks very promising. We are going to have one night where a bonfire might really feel good, it's supposed to get down in the 50s.


Have a good weekend all.

The Glamper

No comments:

Post a Comment