Monday, June 11, 2012

Quinquagenerian

I'm a quinquagenerian today. Thanks, Poet, for expanding my vocabulary. You can learn a lot in Yahoo Word Racer. Some of it I will not repeat here (censored).

There are lots of downy goslings about. I like that.

Finn is doing well. He can chillax with the best of them, even with his collar on. Just 3 days, almost to the hour, til the appointment to get his stitches out.

If your dad breaks into the Trail Mix dog treat sample that came in the mail, don't worry, he'll be fine. At least mine was. He said they were very tasty actually. No, he didn't notice they were shaped like little dog bones and smelled sort of meaty. No I don't have a dog, but I have some doggy friends who like my free samples. Canine friends I mean.

Had a lovely birthday lunch at Maggiano's, and partook of my favorite 4 cheese pasta purses with pesto cream sauce with a touch of marinara, a beautiful salad with my favorite dressing and sauteed prosciutto, blue cheese and red onion, warm bread and olive oil, and tiramisu for dessert. Ahhhh . . . I'm going to have to take a moment . . . excuse me . . .

I used my vacation whiskey (If you only know Jack you don't know Dickel!) to make some homemade Bailey's for glamping (glamorous camping) with my chums, which is coming up in a couple of weeks. I can't call it Bailey's Irish Cream because I don't know if Mr. Dickel is Irish. Anyway, holy moley batman, danger Will Robinson! It's delicious but very strong. AFTER I mixed it up I read the comments under the recipe, and lots of peeps recommended cutting the amount of whiskey in half. LOL  Oh well. I'm sure the coffee will help. And the whipped cream. Glamping coffee, camping coffee, whatever you call it it is tasty stuff. I'm making homemade Kahlua too. After glamping maybe I'll have to go for The Cure, which is what my 92  year-old dad calls rehab.

That's all for now.

Oh, and big shocker here, I did NOT lose 100# by my 50th birthday. Oh shut up.

Kay :)









No comments:

Post a Comment