Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday

Beautiful day today. Tore down some morning glories that were looking a little peaked and cooked dinner for the fam. I didn't really plan this out John, it was quite impromptu, or surely I would have invited you over for veggie parmesan with my beloved roasted red pepper, eggplant, and garlic sauce from Trader Joe's, some fried tilapia, and a few stray zucchini and green tomatoes that didn't make it into the parm, but got fried up. And cornbread. Just cuz. Funny that the bag of cheese in fridge that I thought was an Italian blend, was really a Mexican blend. It was spectacular on the parmesan. I'm a good cook. I'm not a good dieter. Yet! I will not give up! LOL


Midge having a wash, she gets in the most ungainly positions and does not like to be photographed. Hence her disgruntled expression.
Had a great cookout last night at Mar & George's rec club, with ribeyes, twice baked taters, salad, garlic toast, cherry pie, dutch peach pie, ice cream, and lots of beer and good company.

I'm getting on the scale in the a.m. I have been avoiding it. I guess gaining a bunch of weight because your dad has dementia doesn't make much sense now, does it? Grrrrrrrrr to dementia and food issues.

Dad is in a great mood. I am Noreen today. He asked Mom where her husband is. And he asked Joe if the elevator was busy today. Yesterday he put pepper in his V-8 juice AND his coffee. LOL  I don't mean to make it sound hellish, because it is not. He is happy and smiling, he is just confused. He has a good appetite. He is doing well with his beloved jigsaw puzzles. He is staying in bed at night, and Mom is well rested, which is a big relief to me. One of my biggest fears, besides Dad having to go to the nursing home, is the fear of what could possibly happen should dementia meet up with a manic bi-polar episode. God help us all if that happens! But Mom is doing well, and please let it continue that way. Dad can't believe he and his family ended up living in Morris. He never thought they would end up here. He acknowledges that it is not bad here and he thinks he'll get used to it, but he sure misses his old farm and having everyone together there. He can't seem to forget how much he misses that farm and wants to go back there.


Have a good week all.

Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment