Monday, September 10, 2012

~~we interrupt this blog for a brief...

Kay?  Kay?  Oh, that's right.  She went back to Morris and is at work today.  I still have today and tomorrow off.  I should have figured it out when I noticed how quiet it was here in Streator today.  Golly, just because she's done blogging about our vacation doesn't me it should be over for me, does it!?

Today I checked my fridge for more Farmer's Market bounty.  Having perhaps too much time on my hands, I quickly had three things going:




In the back are the nice, fresh black beans I got, simmering away with some veg.  Those are going to end up as refried beans.  Up front are eggplant slices on my grill pan.  I really should use that grill pan more...it does a nice job.  Good thing I had the doors and windows open, though, or I would have gotten to finally hear what my smoke detector alarm sounds like.  On the right are onions, garlic, peppers, zucchini getting ready to become a sort of lasagna sauce.  


A little bit of laying later and we have something very tasty:




Unfortunately I may have over-partaken.  I hear the call of my couch and pillow.  One tip for those of you farmer's market fans who have a blog: when you have an ovarian cyst removed and unexpectedly need a colostomy bag for several months and you give your brother your user-name and password to do an update for you you might want to change it at some point or who knows what could show up on your blog from time to time?


1 comment:

  1. What the hell? And how did you format in this ungodly way?

    That looks delicious.

    By the way, Dad is going to take up tennis. Do you have any of your old tennis stuff around?

    ReplyDelete