Sunday, September 23, 2012

Weekend at Johns

Hanging at John's house this weekend. Had some ping pong and a nice walk this a.m. at Spring Lake, a lovely park a few minutes from John's house.

Scary suspension bridge.


John on new bridge across Egg Bag Creek.

I cooked, honey lime tilapia,Crash Hot Potatoes http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/06/crash-hot-potatoes/, with thyme and parmesan cheese, and some broccoli and carrots. Yummers.

John enjoyed my cooking.

I had stopped at Farm & Fleet on the way to John's house to pick up some almonds for him at a great sale price. Well, distracted by .59 Bun bars in the checkout aisle, I failed to notice that I was overcharged to the tune $2.79 per bag! Yikes. At 5 bags that adds up man. I stopped on the way home to get my refund. Anyways the pretty young girl working the service desk at Farm & Fleet explained it to me. Turns out I didn't get the sale price because the sale is on the 1 pound bags, and my bags are only 16 ounces. I said, "You know . .. there are 16 ounces in a pound."  All is well. Got my sale price and the farmer in the bib overalls behind me and I got a good chuckle.

Dad is still in a good mood, his sleep was a bit disturbed by his ears ringing. It has been terrible lately. He keeps asking Mom if her husband works nights. He asked me if I rode the bus. I asked what bus he was talking about, and turns out he wanted to know if I took the bus to high school. He is happy and smiling, so things are pretty good, just confusing.






Kay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment