Saturday, July 13, 2013

Happy Birthday John!

John was home today for his birthday. Had a pleasant day. Mom seemed shocked when I reminded her that John was 47! LOL And she doesn't even have dementia. She made a kick-ass German chocolate cake for him. Yum. 

It was a great day for Dad. Brother Pat was here from Coal City (John); Sister Noreen was here from Mazon (me); and his mother was here (my mom, his wife).

We had an interesting ride tonight.

Bernie: "Did you ask mom to come with us? I hope she is around a long time!"
Kay: "What do you mean Dad?"
Bernie: "Well she is getting pretty old!" (Bernie has 18 years on Jo Ann!)
Kay: "Do you mean my mom or your mom?"
Bernie, laughing and with his patient look: "Same mom!" lol

Bernie: "Sometime after I get used to this place I won't have to ask so many questions. It's just my first night here so I have a lot of questions. I'm pretty old you know. When you get to be 90 you might have questions too."
Kay: "I don't think I'll make it to 90 Bernard."
Bernie: "That's what I used to say, and look at me now!" lol

When I'm Dad's sister, I call him Bernard, just like my aunts. When I am his daughter I call him Dad. Just like Kay. I'm very strange, I know.

Trying a couple of new recipes tomorrow. That is the extent of my boring weekend. And still nursing my sore knee. Grrrrr.

Kay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment