Saturday, July 20, 2013

Saturday Fish Fry

Hauled the fam to John's house today in Streator. Had a lovely meal. I picked some zucchini and green tomatoes from the garden, and we fried those up with some tilapia and perch. Good stuff John made a nice slaw, homemade bread, homemade tartar sauce, and lemon salt. Wow it was great! I almost forgot . . . some deliciously crunchy cookies . . . with rosemary! Yum!

This bread was delicious!

The folks heartily approved of the new furniture.



The welcoming committee with an arrangement from John's garden.
Before . . .

After! There is some grada padano grated into the coating too. Yummers.

Dad enjoyed the trip. He made a comment at John's house that "the whole family is together" but after we got home I was Noreen again. He got a little bamboozled on the way home, couldn't figure out where in the heck he was, even though he usually knows Kinsman Road like the back of his hand, even with his dementia/Alzheimers. He was glad to get home lol. Mom has lost her glasses.

Heat wave has broken, sort of. Seems weird to say a 90 degree day is nice, but after triple digit heat indices for a few days (is that right John? lol), it is a lot better.

I'm getting my bedroom ready to be repainted. Where did all this crap come from! ARGHHHHHH

The goldfinch are picking all the petals off my pretty sunflowers! Sunflowers without petals look pretty weird to me, just wrongo! I do love the goldfinch though. 

That's all folks!

Kathleen




No comments:

Post a Comment