Saturday, November 5, 2011

Saturday, November 5

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the cards and and e-mails. They really brighten my days.

Saw the surgeon in Joliet yesterday. A rather stressful trip for me, but turned out I did not need to stress at all, because I won the Bag War yesterday! In fact (and knock on wood here, I do not want to jinx myself, but I am definitely in the lead lately). Woo hoo! LOL I was so glad my brother took the day off to drive me, because that trip kicked my ass! Out in the bright sun and cool air, and wow the yawning started. LOL Surgeon said everything looked good, and we'll hopefully reconnect my innards in mid-late January. I realize this "hopefully temporary" thing is necessary lingo, that nothing is 100%, but I'm going to keep a positive attitude. PMA! Thanks for reminding me of that Donna.  Dr. Wu said I need time to heal,and for inflammation to go down, and things need to settle back into place. My bowels were pushed up by my diaphragm after all! I have another appointment in a month. He said he would take a laparascopic approach to start to reconnect, but he would not be at all surprised if he had to open me up again. Whatever it takes to ensure the best result is fine with me!

This whole episode has not seemed real to me (though of course I know it is), and gosh, between the incision and the colostomy, I forgot about this other thing . . .  the other night I realized, wow, I have no hormones now, and this menopause thing is real too! Night sweats and hot flashes. LOL  Whoop de doo! 

So now that is way TMI for today. LOL 

Have a good weekend folks. I'm contemplating a little drive today, but we'll see. My car has been sitting for two weeks! It must be getting bored too!


Kay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment