Monday, February 20, 2012

Go figure, the doctor knows what he is talking about. I've been wearing that awful binder (girdle torture device) most of the time lately, and my belly feels a lot better. It still looks like some weird alien landscape though. Other areas of recuperation are functioning quite well. lol

Heading back to work in a week, one week of half-days, then back to full-time. It's time. When you annoy your cat by playing the name game with her, well, that pretty much tears it. Midgie Midgie Bo Bana . . . 

I had an appointment with the dentist during the Time of the Bag and I did not want to do that lol, so I decided I would reschedule for after the reversal while I was off, so I didn't have to use any more sick time (which is scarily low now). That appointment was last week, and it seems I have a cracked tooth. Lucky me, and whoop-de-doo. I guess I should not whine, at least it doesn't hurt! So to celebrate my first day back at work, I get to start out the day getting drilled (not in a good way). I fear that half-day will be a long day, what with the start at the dentist.

It will be 4 weeks tomorrow since the surgery. It seems longer.  In fact the first surgery and the second surgery seem to have run together in my mind and seem to have been going on forever. I no longer have to devote so much time thinking about poop and doctors and hospitals, so I'm going to spend some time this week planning my 50th birthday hiking trip. Lots of waterfalls, something physically challenging so I will get my reconnected ass up and exercising (at a physician approved time of course). I'm thinking down by the Chattanooga area, it is so pretty and there are waterfalls galore. I know I know, I have had a lot of time off, but believe me, recuperating from 2 surgeries is not vacation time! 


I took what colostomy supplies I had left over to my home-health care nurse. She'll get them to someone who can use them. So now, I have my drawer back. Well, sort of . . . 





 Take care folks,

Kay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment