Thursday, February 23, 2012

I joined Weight Watchers on-line this a.m. It was kind of a spur of the moment decision. I mean I had already eaten a sort of junky breakfast and am meeting friends at Chilis for supper tonight. LOL  But waiting til Monday hasn't been that successful for me in the past, so what the heck. Carpe diem.

I've observed with many of my normal, healthy weight friends that they don't always treat themselves like I do. They don't ALWAYS get cheese on their sandwiches. They don't ALWAYS get fries with their sandwich. They seem to actually stop and think before they eat, like when confronted with a dessert, and some may even comment that they had a sweet earlier in the day, or earlier in the week, and they say they better not, and they actually DO NOT EAT DESSERT! Are these people really my friends?! Can I change my way of thinking to do these things? Well I thought about Chilis and looked at the menu (yikes!), and strategized that a points-friendly, veggie lunch would be a good idea.

I had some sweet potato smashed with brown sugar and cinnamon; steamed broccoli with a squeeze of lemon; cauliflower, sprayed with my olive oil spray, sprinkled with salt and pepper and red pepper flakes, and then sprinkled with shredded parmesan cheese and a tiny bit of cheddar and roasted it in the oven. The parmesan gets all brown and crunchy and delicious. Oh, and the cauliflower does too. It's not ALL about the cheese. And a piece of crystallized ginger for dessert. It was delicious. And I have leftovers for tomorrow too. These are my favorite veggies prepared in my favorite way. I can see me having these veggies, along with a nice protein, for supper on a regular basis.

I got in the habit (on recommendation of the experienced colostomy nurse) of eating more slowly and chewing more thoroughly, as well as drinking more water, during the Time of the Bag, and hopefully those things will help the New Bagless Kay as well.

Recuperation continues to go well. Glad to be going back to work next week (and yeah, I'm glad it is just half-time next week too lol), because I have been feeling a little bored, have ants in my pants, and have been making too many trips to the kitchen. I'm tired of my new post surgical routine and ready to shake it up back to the old normal. My body feels weak, of course my core strength is shot, but I've been walking, working on keeping the core strong, trying not to let my shoulders creep up to my ears. LOL  Wearing the dreaded binder helps.

I'm going to weigh in again on Tuesday. You know, that's the day The Biggest Loser is on!

Kay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment