Thursday, February 9, 2012

I cooked this afternoon. I did not lay on the couch the WHOLE day. LOL


I turned this stuff into Smoky Charred Cauliflower and Potato Soup with Kale and Mexican Crostini. Vegan: Smoky Charred Cauliflower and Potato Soup with Kale | Serious Eats : Recipes.


The soup was good, nice and creamy. John voted cut back on the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (wuss lol). The pork on the crostini is from a shoulder roast I cooked up and froze in meal size bags. It was all spiced up with chipotle and veggies and garlic and stuff. Damn tasty. It was quite tasty on top of the little whole grain toasts and topped with chipotle mayo.  I took that vegan soup recipe and stirred in the tasty broth from my pork. Even though the picture isn't too pretty, it was darn tasty stuff. I pronounce it a success.

My recuperation does not allow me to do dishes though! LOL

Kay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment