Saturday, February 11, 2012

Recuperation continues. John made my favorite meal today, pizza and salad. He used Mark Bittman's No Knead Dough (from an on-line food blog):

3 C Flour
.25 t yeast
1.25 t salt
1 5/8 C Water

Stir it up. Cover with plastic wrap. Rest at least 12 hours.

He stirred it up last night and left it on counter. It gets all bubbly. Easy and cheap too. You can use it for bread dough too. He doubled it, so besides crust for a good size pizza, there are two dough balls left for future goodness. They freeze very well. The sauce is my beloved Trader Joe's Roasted Red Pepper Spread with Eggplant and Garlic. We made a cheese blend with an Italian Blend, a little Triple Cheddar, Mozzarella, Meunster, and a tub of clearance Romano from Kroger. It's bagged up for the freezer as well.





John picked up a special treat, a bit of blue cheese from the international food store in Bloomington. It was spectacular. Very recuperative, I'm sure.

I've been a little sore today, I'm not just saying that to get out of doing dishes. Bruises keep popping out on my abdomen! LOL  It has been through a lot recently, believe me!  And it's weird, where IV was in my hand, that is sore now, and starting to bruise, after nearly 3 weeks! Weird. But I'm doing well, getting lots of rest, starting to get ants in my pants, a sure sign of improvement! It feels good to get out, but I'm very glad to get back home afterwards too. Progress, good progress to be sure.

Puzzling, my favorite blanket, a spectacular shower (still reveling in the wonder of a shower with no bodily attachments!), and a Friends marathon on TV are making for a perfect day today.

Also, I need to re-evaluate my blog. Weight loss? Come on! Pizza pizza pizza! LOL I told my good friend, I guess I better get back in weight loss mode when I am healed up, I don't guess they are going to cut any more weight off of me! 

Kay :)

1 comment:

  1. I could have sworn there was a line about "less food" up there at the top of the page....

    ReplyDelete