Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday

Saturday there are just classes til noon. It was rainy today, so after breakfast I did several laps indoors to warm up, then did a workout in the gym. Then off to an aqua aerobic circuit, aqua abs (ewww), followed by aqua stretch (ahhhh). Then it was time for my follow-up assessment. I lost 12 pounds and 17.5 inches. Can that really be true? LOL John lost 9 pounds and 7 inches. That felt pretty good. The trainer who does the assessments is named Holly and she is awesome. She lost 100 pounds herself, and now she is a mass of peppy, happy, healthy muscle. 

The trainer who did the aqua stuff today is named Barry and he is great too. I got a little mouthy yesterday. He asked if everyone was coming back to his Free Weight Circuit Class. That was the class I only made it through one circuit and slunked off. LOL  I told him I had successfully repressed that memory and I wasn't coming back. He told me "Don't be a smart ass!" and I had to do extra swimming pool jumping jacks. LOL  It was funny.

Then it was time for lunch. Some Mexican Cheese Pita thing. Probably my least favorite meal here. I couldn't find any cheese! But it filled me up so I'm not going to complain. After lunch I had a ball, playing volleyball in the pool. Six of us had a ball for 2 hours hitting that beach ball. I'm very very sore now though! Then it was rest time. I was tuckered.

Waiting for supper now. Already packed up a bit of stuff and hauled it to the car in preparation for the long drive home tomorrow. We will be leaving right after breakfast, which for me for the past few days has been a hard boiled egg, half a bagel with cream cheese, and fruit. Fills me up here, at home I'd probably eat 2 eggs and a whole bagel.  And no fruit! Weird how it satisfies me here. Tonight is movie and popcorn night, but I'm so tired I'm pretty sure I'll head back after supper to finish packing up. I had forgotten how tired the pool makes me when I actually do more than stand around and drink beer in it!

More reflections on Fat Camp later, but for now I'd just like to say that this has been one of the funnest vacations I've ever had, lots of laughs with new friends Julie, Maureen and Angie. Lots of other terrific people here too, but these are the girls who often sat with us at the "Loud Table in the Corner". LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment