Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thursday Night

I went back to the gym this afternoon, first for a class called "Lower Body Tubing". I had no idea you could do so many things with that stretchy tubey thing with handles! Wow! Sweated like a horse. Then I stayed again for an "Aerobic Dance Workout" with this terrific trainer named Holly. She is a hoot. And very good at what she does. I'm shaking my head about the aerobic workout. I was pretty sad. But I worked up a good sweat. And had a couple of good giggles at myself in the mirror. That is a really nice thing about this place. Nobody ever makes you feel like a big doof. Everyone is encouraging, friendly and caring. You just do what you can do when you can do it, and feel good about it. Honestly, no one has annoyed me. For those of you who know me, that is miraculous!

After the aerobic thing there was another class with that big ball. I got the heck out of there and went back to the pool for a couple of more sessions, one was the aqua aerobic class, and gosh I was surprised at the workout it gives you. Then the last class of the day was aqua stretching. That felt really good and there were noodles. Always a good thing. And speaking of noodles we had some for lunch too! Woo hoo.

The temperature really took a nosedive here today, so after the pool (brrr I was cold), I went to the sauna, and I did not have a hot flash. Whew! I guess it may get down in the 20's tonight.

Had a dish called "Turkey Pot Roast with Roasted Root Vegetables" for dinner, yummmmo! Somehow the genious kitchen staff made a dish out of turkey that looked like pot roast, and wow, was it tasty. All the food has been tasty, though I must admit I'm getting tired of salad. Tonight in my salad bowl I put a few radishes and some chunks of honeydew melon and cantaloupe. Weird, even for me!

And go figure, karaoke without beer is possible! Weird weird weird. John is quite the ham. And actually quite good at karaoke! I had a pretty good night tonight too, we were singing and John said "You are in tune tonight . . . do you want to hold the mike?" Hahahaha I sang two of my best "boy I sound good when I sing this song in the car and/or shower", I Think We're Alone Now, and Dizzy. LOL

Bedtime. And I have to go out in the cold to get back to my room. When I checked weather for this week, it did not say anything about 20's! LOL

Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment